Greater, greater, greater is He in me.
I'm singing, I'm shouting, I'm happy and I'm free.
I'm a soldier, in an army that never has known defeat.
Greater, greater, greater is He in me.
When I began to think about the words to the song, I was reminded of the scripture that says, "Greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world." When I looked up that scripture, it really puts into perspective my thoughts about this whole song in our hearts idea. I John 4:4-6 reads:
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
As parents we dedicated them to God when they were babies (You can read a dedication themed post here.) and we have tried to teach them His ways. Therefore, they have an awesome power at work in their lives. Although they are around "non-spiritual" people and things all the time, my prayer is that they will KNOW God and know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error. I also pray that they can be a help to others so that they can know God too and hear Him.
How true!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the post!
Bless you and your's!!!! Love and hugs!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to know y'all's hearts are singing once more today.... even on a most difficult day, we, as children of God, can have a song in our hearts because of Who lives in our hearts....
ReplyDeleteIsn't that a Comfort?
Thanks for sharing the scripture. It was good to be reminded that "greater is he that is in me, than he that is in the world"
Yes....so glad that He put the song in our hearts.
ReplyDelete