Thursday, March 3, 2011

Organized Chaos! :-)

In terms of Dave Ramsey's financial classifications, I am the free-spirit and my hubby is the nerd. Well, that could apply to organization around the house too. You can always look at an area around our house and tell the owner of that area. What's really funny, is that until I married, I never considered myself a flighty kind of gal surrounded by sticky notes, disarray, etc. (Yep, blame it on marriage! haha). However, I've come to realize, I am! I just have to laugh and attack the hot spots. They do bug me to no end but there's always something more fun to do than clean and organize. I am a perpetual procrastinator. So, you wonder, what is this post all about? Glad that you asked; I'll tell you. Since we have a confirmed itinerary for our belated 10th anniversary trip to Europe, I am in need of an updated passport. However, to apply for a renewal in my married name, I needed my marriage license. Our license has only been in 2 places since we've been married. I looked both places but no license. I told DH last night that the only thing that I needed now to complete the application process was our marriage license. I told him where I had looked but no luck. He looked, no license. While talking to him, I remembered a box (aha!!!) from a previous hurricane evacuation. I came straight into the office and looked in the box, VOILA! There it was, in the same folder that it's been in for 10 years. I had to thank the hubs for helping me think. ha! His words were, "If anything ever happens to you, I'll be in a mess." lol I'm thinking..."literally." My chaos is ORGANIZED chaos! I may not know where a pencil is but ask me about a receipt, a shot record, or something else important and in a few minutes, I'll have it in my hand or at least have a clue about it's whereabouts. Now, back to my comment about my revelation upon marriage, there where TONS of things that I didn't know about myself until I married. I always knew that opposites attract themselves and I was seeking for my opposite. Guess that was why I didn't find him until I was the old age of 23 (ha!). Thankfully, God smiled at my ignorance and gave me my what I needed. Crazy me- I thought that I needed a life-of-the-party, center-of-attention, kind of guy. Oh mercy me, if God had allowed that to happen, our house would really be a mess!!! hahaha!!! He knew that I needed an engineer!! Enough said...... ;-) (Love you Babe!)

2 comments:

  1. Smiles! I loved reading that! Yes we didn't need someone just like us! We're too "outgoing". LOL

    Thankful your getting to go to Europe! When??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Europe, huh? What fun! London? Paris?

    Y'all will have a WONDERFUL time....

    Love ya, Jenni

    Ps. I totally "get" the organized chaos thing.... hehe

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!