Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Another Baby Wreath...

I enjoy making baby wreaths to decorate the hospital door. Almost eight years ago, my friend Stephanie turned on this light bulb in my head. She made herself a very special door wreath for the hospital to proudly announce the arrival of their little girl. She made her wreath to match the nursery decor and incorporated baby toys that were hers and her husband's. I thought that it was such a neat idea to add some very special mementos to the wreath.
For some reason or another, I didn't make one for Baby #1 or Baby #2. For Baby #3, I made one but used an initial instead of a wreath. I didn't have any special mementos to incorporate, but I made sure that I used some items that I could save. (I was going to save the teddy bear from Baby #1's wreath but hubby helped me "clear out". I can now chuckle over this. ha!)
Recently, there was a special baby born and I had the privilege of making her a wreath. The Wheeler/King families have grown up together and now there's a new generation of them growing up together. Thankful for generations! Baby Haven's nursery decor continued in the tradition of the other grandbabies and was a custom bedding set by her grandmother. So, for Haven's wreath, I incorporated some of the fabric and used them like ribbons. Also, at Baby Haven's shower, Grandmother gave Mommy some of the cards that were received when Mommy was born. I scanned the pages of the cards and printed them out onto cardstock and used them for decorations on the wreath as well as a place to write all of Haven's "birth day" information. I added to the wreath a picture of Haven's big brother on his "birth day." For Haven's shower, our friend Jennifer made a beautiful bow and Mommy wanted to use that on the wreath as well. As I usually do, I added some little gifts to the streamers on the wreath too.
(Some of the fabrics from the bedding that I used for "ribbons" and the top of the custom baby quilt.)
(P.S. Cousin Connor's door wreath can be seen in the this post. His wreath had baby pictures of Mommy and Daddy.)
Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Awww... what a sweet idea!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how adorable! I too, received two beautiful wreaths when my boys were born. You did an awesome job!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jen! @Sis. Flowers, technically you only received one but that was by your own doings. lol I love you too. Maybe one day I'll round up my pictures and give adequate "moment of fame" time to other wreaths! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how (well maybe I do, being a mommy to a newborn can sure shorten you time and some things can just pass you by) but I totally missed this blog.

    I really love the wreath you made for Haven. It looks beautiful hanging on her bedroom door. I noticed tonight that Haven was staring at it from across the room. Thank you for putting several special memories, using fabric from the bedding and the wonderful gifts on the wreath.

    I received several complements on the wreath you made by other mothers and nurses in the hospital.

    Every now and then Robby will mention how much the picture that you scanned of him looks "just like Haven" : ).

    I took the baby doll that you had off of the wreath a few days ago and it was a nice change for Haven's play gym. She loved it. She was smiling and "talking" to it.

    Thank you again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerri, you're so sweet as always! I'm glad that Haven in "enjoying" it! I was so delighted to make one especially for her. Love both of you...lots!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!