Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Friends!
I just had a thrilling thought this morning. Since teaching my Sunday school class about heaven, I've been thinking about what it's going to be like to be in Heaven. Besides all the obvious things, (Jesus, beauty, reuniting with those who've died, etc.), this morning I was thinking that I would finally have all my friends and family in one place!
Life has a way of putting distance between you and those who are dear to you. When I went to college, I left my family and friends at "home" in Pitkin, Louisiana. After a while, Ruston, Louisiana felt like "home" and when I graduated, I left friends there too. When I married, I got to be closer to some of my dearies and to live with my BEST friend! *smile* Through the years and paths of life for myself, my friends, and my family, I now have friends and family scattered all over from the east coast to the west coast, from the deep south to the north, and even some across the big seas. While technology is wonderful, nothing can replace the time together with family and friends.
Now to take you back to my thought....just imagine Heaven. I can imagine that even though the city is going to be 1200 miles long, wide, and high, distance will not be an issue and neither will time. We can be with everybody all the time! What a wonderful thought!!! Oh, I must make Heaven! I don't want any of my friends and family having fun without me. Also, I must pray hard for those who are dear to me because I want EVERYBODY to be there so we can all be close. What a grand and glorious time of fun. Can you imagine? On earth, there are only two days that can compare and unfortunately, we can only enjoy one....wedding day and funeral day. Those are the only two days in a person's life that all who are dear to you come to honor you.
Just think....everybody will be happy over there. Mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers will be singing 'round the throne in that land where no one ever knows a care. ALL the people will be singing "Glory, glory to the Lamb." Doesn't it sound like so much fun? Please don't miss Heaven. Live for God with all your heart because I want to spend eternity in Heaven with you.
Much love to all my friends and family....Jesus is coming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh yes.... How can I be homesick for a place I've never even seen or been to? But that is the way it feels sometime....
ReplyDeleteSometimes when I am praying, and caught up in His Spirit, I tell the Lord "Oh if I could go right now, I would...."
It will be beyond anything we could ever imagine.....Joy and Peace and Happiness forever more....
Thanks for this reminder today that we are "looking for a city whose builder and Maker is God" and that we are just passing through....
More and more this old world makes us feel like strangers, but we have hope!
Love you,
Jenni
Definitely....so true!!!! Thanks for reading and your comments. :-)
ReplyDeleteYes....I heard a song the other day that is my "theme" song right now.
ReplyDeleteIt says, "I'm moving to a better land....no packing up the boxes, loading up the clothes, that city where I'm going, I'll get a new robe."
That is how I feel!! Heaven I wouldn't miss it for the world!! I can't miss it! I will have missed everything!
Thanks for the awesome post!