Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Faith the size of a.....pill?!?!?!!??!?!

Tonight was an awesome sermon on faith. Both our pastor and the evangelist felt that God wanted to do some miraculous things in the service. During the altar service, I had faith for my friend Amber and her beautiful baby girl, Hannah. (You can read more of Hannah's story on their blog.) Hannah has been diagnosed with a very serious form of seizures, Dravet Syndrome, that is difficult to regulate through medicine. The anti-seizure medication works for a while and then for whatever reason, becomes ineffective and it has to be changed. It has been a challenge but God has blessed them with an early diagnosis and continues to keep them in His hand. Tonight, the thought came to me that if God chooses not to restore Hannah's health totally (i.e. making right what's wrong in her body), why can't He make the medicine work 100% of the time? I recalled the testimony of a man in my home church. Bro. Donald began having heart problems and when he went to have it seen about, they told him that he had been having heart attacks and that his heart was severely damaged. He was surprised of this news and even more surprised to be told that only 20% of his heart was functioning. He was very upset and even became somewhat depressed. While he was in the hospital, he felt that God made him understand that He could take 20% of his heart and make it function at 100%. From that day forward, Bro. Donald began to improve and was discharged soon and continued to believe that God had performed a miracle with only a portion of a heart! I know that my God is able to heal Hannah completely! However, wouldn't it be just as much of a miracle to say that she is an exception in patients with Dravet Syndrome in that she has remained seizure free on the same medication her entire life? Oh, this excites me as much as the miracle of God "fixing" the seizure problem. "I believe God, I believe God that He will do just what He says. Trust and obey, believe Him and say, 'I believe, I believe God'."

2 comments:

  1. I believe, YES I do believe!!
    Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so able to do "exceeding abundantly" above anything our minds could ever even think to imagine....

    As the song says "Nothing's hard for the Lord.... nothing's hard for the Lord! He can do what we need Him to.... Oh nothing's hard for the Lord!"

    Keep the Faith, dear friend! Thanks for encouraging our faith today, too...

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!