Good morning Daddy! I know where you are, it is definitely a GOOD morning. I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday. Unbelievable that you would have been 74 today. Wow, you would be getting old but instead you will be forever young, with your "new body." I miss you alot and today, I wish that I could call you, hug you, send you another card, buy you another present...just something "physical." Well, I thank God for the years that I could do that. I know that you are having a "heavenly" time anyway.
When I think of how a celebration might be for you today, I can only imagine. Maybe Jesus would come knock on your door to wake you up and wish you a Happy Birthday. Maybe later today, there would be a birthday party in your honor, complete with decorations galore by Mrs. Rita Hamilton. Oh, I know that with her touch, it would be so awesome especially with walls of jasper, gates of pearl, and streets of gold as the backdrop. Paw-Paw would pull out his fiddle and provide some entertainment. Maw-Maw would have baked a Coconut Cake just for you. And you would definitely be looking regal with your robe and crown. Hmmmm....wonder if there's a motorcycle around or a red truck for you to enjoy today? Well, no matter, I know that it's another grand day in Heaven!
I just wanted to say that today, I celebrate you....your life and all that it meant. You were an awesome daddy to your baby girl (and the other's too *smile*), an awesome pastor, and a wonderful friend. I thank God for you and all the wonderful memories that I have of my life with you. You are remembered often in so many ways. I'm so glad that God gave you life...through your natural birth, your miraculous healing as a child, and your spiritual birth. And to celebrate you today, I am going to church!!!! I am going to eat with my other family and have peach cobbler. I miss you so much and wish that I could do all of these things with you but one day.......
I can't wait to be with you again...and in that place, we won't be waiting for birthdays to celebrate. Everyday will be celebration!!!
I love you so much..........big hugs and kisses from me and all of the rest of my family!!!
And as always, I remain your baby girl....

OK, I'm crying.........Loved my Uncle Bud so much and still miss him! Love of you!
ReplyDeleteTara....girl that brought tears to my eyes. I hate to think about my. Daddy passing. Hopefully the lord will come back before I have to go through that. Love, steph
ReplyDeleteTara - You choke me up everytime you write about your dad! What a nice tribute to him on his birthday! You were fortunate to have such a Godly father! Love ya! Amy
ReplyDeleteTara,
ReplyDeletethis really touched me because I wonder how my girls will feel growing up without their daddy. They miss him, but they are so young. I miss him, too. Love you girl!
A very thoughtful, loving, and moving post. Isn't it beyond wonderful to know where your Daddy is, and to have the hope of seeing him again some day?
ReplyDeleteWhat a day, a glorious day, that will be!
I will get to see my beloved papaw then, too.
Don't we have treasures over there? As the old song says: "Heaven's gettin' sweeter all the time!"
Dear Tara - this tribute to your Dad is so touching. My Dad is still alive at 78, and I wish yours was, too. He was a true Christian; a real gentleman. He helped us so much when we evangelized. His treatment of other ministers was very commendable. He is missed by all, but not as much as his little girl! Love you!
ReplyDelete