Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School Preparations

I have had fun the past few weeks preparing for school. Jayce's school supply list wasn't too demanding this year, so I was actually able to find all of it in the stores. Yay!!! I just love the smell of wooden pencils, new crayons, Elmer's glue....such memories. Jayce has grown so much it seems like he had outgrown all of his clothes and shoes. Ansley's preparation was a bit more challenging. The supply list for Kindergarten is challenging to fill (as I learned two years ago) so we skipped the fun and just bought the package of supplies from the school. Shopping for school shoes was quite an ordeal for me! My suspicion was confirmed....my child has a narrow foot. Of course, she didn't have much chance..Daddy, Poppy, and Grandmother all have narrow feet; Great Grandmother's foot is narrow; Great Aunt's foot is a AAAA..yep, double slim!; Cousins with slim feet...her feet were swimming in most shoes! haha From now on, I will probably order them online. School attire is a different look for us. So yes, I was opposed to a lace-up (since she can't even tie her shoes yet), solid white tennis. However, after hours of searching for and trying on shoes, I'm am thrilled to death with her lace-up, solid white leather Keds! haha We have been working on tying so hopefully, she'll have it down soon. As is my tradition, I laid out their school clothes, shoes, and backpack for them to see. They picked out what they wanted to wear for the first day. Jayce even has it planned for the whole week. ha I'm so glad that I can relive all the Back to School memories. You can read about the first day here.

1 comment:

I LOVE comments!!!