Saturday, August 28, 2010

And the school saga continues...

Heard some interesting school related tidbits in the last few days. The other day, Ansley informed me that a student in her class wasn't minding the teacher. She said, "I told my teacher not to let him come back to our class." I can just see her saying it. It made me laugh, hopefully it put a cheery spot in the teacher's day too. From an earlier post, you'll know Ansley's not exactly perfect either but at least her clip has stayed on "Super" for most of this week! :-) Ansley's "reports" remind me of Jayce's first days of Kindergarten. There was a child in his class that caused a lot of problems in the classroom and eventually had to be moved to another class. (Side note: My heart goes out to these kiddos because you never know the reasons behind their misbehavior and I always try to turn these "stories" into teachable moments for my kids to help them be compassionate.) For the life of me, I couldn't remember the child's name. So, I asked Jayce and of course, he remembered. He then informed me that this student was in his class again this year. I had to laugh. Maybe God wants Jayce and this student together for a reason. Ansley's teacher, Mrs. Hall, is away for a couple of weeks. Her spot is being filled by a lovely lady whom I've been delighted to get to know. I've heard all about Viviana Killion through tons of mutual friends but have just never had an opportunity to meet her. She is a graduate of Crosby High School and a former teacher on several campuses. She now keeps herself busy as a mom and a photographer. You can see her "works of heart" at Heartspun Imagery's blog. She was so kind to send me a picture that she snapped of Ansley. I just love how she caught the twinkle in Ansley's blue eyes. Thanks Viviana!

2 comments:

  1. Ansley is beautiful little girl! And what a sweet picture. Oh those little "Wheelers" ... they are SO funny.

    I know that when Kim has subbed long terms, she said sometimes you will see a child that has a terrible home life... she noticed one little boy that gobbled his food on monday mornings, and he told her they had no food in the house... and he wore the same dingy clothes every single day... he didn't own a belt to hold his pants up so she bought him one. It is heartbreaking. But thank God for the wonderful parents like you and Richard and others we know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the best first day of school pic ever!!! soo b-e-a-u-tiful!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!