Monday, February 22, 2010

Maybe we're doing something right...

You wonder as parents if you're parenting is really working. Well, I just got a glimpse of hope! I was trying to put Bryce (2 1/2 years old) to sleep for his nap. As I was holding him, I asked him if he wanted me to sing. He said that he did. I asked him if he wanted me to sing "Skidamarinkadink, I love you". He quickly replied, "No, I want you to sing Jesus." I couldn't hardly sing for tearing up. He didn't have a particular song in mind, any about Jesus was fine with him. Maybe, just maybe, they are realizing who is the most important person in our home and family....JESUS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Tara, that reminds me of a time just before Parker turned 3 and we had to take him to the emergency room with a VERY painful boil on his leg. While they were lancing it, he naturally started screaming "bloody murder"! I leaned down and was trying to comfort him as any mother would do when I realized he was saying, sing "Shout to the Lord", his favorite song at the time. I leaned over and got right next to his ear and started singing very softly. He quit crying immediately and let the doctor do what needed to be done. It's so amazing how just hearing about Jesus is so comforting to even the littlest ones when they know who He is.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!