Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Special Cake for a Special Little Lady

I recently had the honor of making a birthday cake for a very special little lady in our church. She was celebrating her 10th birthday and she and her mom wanted a "Sis. Tara Cake" (*blushes and smiles*- aren't they sweet?). Her mom told me that her little princess loves animals, animal prints, and bright colors. They found the perfect invitation with a black and white zebra border trimmed in hot pink and a black ribbon tied at the top.
For me, it was a bit of a challenge to come up with the perfect birthday cake for a little lady who is growing up...one that's not too "growny" but DEFINITELY not too childish. I was very pleased with my first attempt at this cake design. A few little things to change for the future but will definitely keep this one in my "design portfolio."
Thanks again Mrs. A and Miss E. Glad that I could help you celebrate your special birthday.

3 comments:

  1. Tara-
    You are doing an awesome job on the cakes--I love this one. I sure wish we lived closer so you could make the kid's cakes. Hope all is going well. We got a huge kick out of Jayce counting with his big toe. Do you guys have a webcam on your computer--if so the kids could skype to see each other. We will be down March 18-23rd. See ya'll then for sure.
    We miss ya'll.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome! I'm Heidi Flowers' friend, April Cooke, and I do a "little" bit of cakes sometimes. I've not worked much with the fondant, just rolled it out and cut shapes to put on top of buttercream. Did you take a class on the fondant, or did you just figure it out on your own? Your cakes are really cute! Hope you didn't mind me looking! Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi April..nice to "meet" you. What little bit I know about cakes, I learned on my own from seeing, hearing, watching, doing, etc. :-) And of course, I don't mind you looking..that's what it's here for- sharing. Share it with your friends too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!