Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Math Whiz! :-)
Jayce is learning about subtraction in school. They have already learned addition, fact families, etc. so now they have moved on to subtraction. Although he's been given all the information previously to be able to subtract quickly, it's a challenge for him when the equations have numbers larger than 10. I've been working with him and sharing all my little tricks and tips, but it wasn't clicking. So, one night after supper, I thought that his dad might could connect with him (using methods from the left-brain. haha) somehow. There was a double-digit equation to solve; Jayce looked at it and said, "I can't do that. I don't have enough fingers." Of course, his dad and I both encouraged him to figure out a way to solve it; he could do it. In just a minute, he gave us the correct answer. Richard asked him, "How did you do that so fast?" Without hesitating, Jayce looked at his dad and said very matter of fact, "I used my big toe." Richard and I got so tickled by the way he said it and his expression. Hopefully, he'll keep using those "big toes." :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awwww! Kids are so precious! Things like that are what you laugh about for years! :)
ReplyDelete