Since we returned from our vacation in Europe, it has been go, go, go...nonstop! I've had cakes, church functions, field trips, Richard being out of town, a birthday, welcoming a dear friend's precious baby, and the list goes on. Every day, as I check functions off the list, the load lightens. I am the one the puts high expectations on myself. I try to do less, but I don't think that I really know how. I enjoy the days that I have absolutely nothing to do and nowhere to go. However, on those days, I feel like I'm missing something or planning for the next event.
The old adage is "If you want something done, ask a busy person." In the litereal meaning, that doesn't make much sense but when you think about it, it's true. Busy people are used to "fitting one more thing in" and will somehow make it happen. Maw-Maw Griffin (my grandmother) always said, "An idle mind is the Devil's workshop." Well, I'll admit, I've got so much on my mind that he can't even open the door!
Well, I'm off to do some laundry and picking up before another event.....Kindergarten graduation! (I can't believe how fast time goes by but more about graduation later.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE comments!!!