Monday, January 18, 2010

My version..Masculine Birthday Card using Cricut Sweet Treats

I saw on the Bug 'n Me blog an idea for a masculine birthday card using the Sweet Treats cartridge and a Cricut machine. http://bugnme.blogspot.com/2010/01/cricut-cardz-challenge-8.html Well, since I had all the necessary items AND a reason, I decided to give it a try. Sweet Treats Cartridge For the card...5 1/4 inches 1. Cut the base card using dark, burgandy/brown cardstock and the card design on page 48. 2. Using the shift shadow/blackout present design, cut it of fishing lure themed paper. 3. Cut the (shift) design out of the green/white checked paper. 4. The polka-dotted present topper was made but cutting the present design again and only using the top portion. 5. Using my scraps from the green/checked cut, I made a circle center for the bow. (There is a design for the bow center on page 48 also). For the cupcake tag...1 3/4 inches 1. Cut the shadow/blackout cupcake design (page 29). 2. Cut the (shift) shadow/blackout cupcake design out of burgandy/brown cardstock. 3. Using the (shift) layers design, cut the cupcake top. 4. Using the (shift) layers design again, cut the flame out of yellow. 5. Attach to a circle and mount onto another. 6. Add to card with pop dots for dimension. "happy birthday" (page 56) was cut at about 2 inches (can't remember specifically) and then I clipped it apart to arrange. Happy "chirping"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!!