Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Cooking under Pressure!!! :-)
I have been a LONG time fan of Pressure Cookers, thanks to my mom. I've never known the fear of using one as other's have or have had. I've never planned meals real far in advance because my trusty tool was there. I've never had one explode. I've never cooked steaks with gravy in anything else. There...I've confessed!
I was raised up with a portion of almost every meal being cooked in the pressure pot. Still to this day, my mom can create a meal in no time flat thanks to her pressure pot. I'm becoming like my mom. It's great for different cuts of meat, tenderizing ribs before grilling, carrots, potatoes, peas, beans..just to name a few. Once you began to use one, you'll wonder how you ever cooked without one. Today's pressure cookers have so many safety features and instructions (imagine that..haha). Just read and cook! :-)
The easiest tip that my mom shared with me about cooking in a pressure pot. Always stretch the gasket before putting it back in the lid and add enough water to cover whatever you're cooking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE comments!!!