Monday, January 18, 2010

Farm Scene Chocolate Birthday Cake

Busy this weekend but "busy"ness is fun!!! My father-in-law celebrated his birthday and I helped him celebrate by baking him a cake. He lives a farm life (almost) so a Farm Scene cake was the most fitting type of cake for him. He loves German Chocolate Cake but his sons don't like coconut. So, I made a half-sheet German Chocolate Cake and incorporated Coconut Pecan icing on one half of the "farm" and Chocolate Buttercream on the other half. The German Chocolate half also had Coconut Pecan filling while the other had Chocolate Buttercream filling. The fillings were topped with a thin layer of Chocolate Ganache. After icing the whole cake and sides, I added my border to the bottom of the cake and "plowed" my field. I then drizzled the ganache all the around the sides and added my "pig pen". Then, I added my border to the top and all the decorations. This was my first time to work with Ganache but it is easy, beautiful, and yummy!!! I will work with it again. Enjoy the "eye candy"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!!