Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Motherly experience...

While at the front of Wal-Mart today, I and the kiddos all needed to use the facilities. As I followed them in, I hear someone say something about "no boys in here" and my oldest (8 years) replied, "My mom told us to come in here." She then repeated it and by that time I was there. I said to her, "We all needed to go." She replied, "Well, there are family restrooms in the back." I said, "Yes, but we were at the front and I would rather them come in here with me than have some man messing with them in the men's restroom." You could tell by the look on her face that she wasn't pleased with me. I must say, I had to control myself.
As my eldest has gotten older, I have allowed him to escort the younger two to the restroom and I have allowed him to go alone. However, I recently heard a news report about a 13 year old boy who, innocence was jeopardized in a public restroom. He came out without anything major happening and told his parents about. With their cell phones, they took pictures and video of the creep and his license plate. In no time, the police were able to locate him. This story really made me more aware that you can never be too safe. I would never forgive myself if I could have prevented some horrible occurrence.
So, even if I get odd looks and rude comments, I must protect my children. I will try to do what is in everyone's best interest but sometimes, you just gotta go! :)

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!!