Tuesday, February 8, 2011

There's a little bit of morning outside....

I was thinking of one of my dearies this morning (you can catch up with her here), and an old song by Phillips, Craig, and Dean came to mind. I shared with her the following lyrics:
There's a little bit of morning outside.
There's a new beginning in the sky.
It's been awhile but now the time is right,
to spread your wings and fly.
A silent heart sings a brand new song.
The darkest night is just before the dawn.
Weary soul arise, wipe the pain from your eyes,
There's a little bit of morning outside.

So many thoughts came to mind as I sang this song. I thought about God giving us a song in the night; a fresh start in life's journeys; joy comes in the morning, etc. It is such a comfort to know that God is in control of our lives. We may feel down but God will lift us up! I also remembered a photo by my friend, Misty Davis Photography. Can't you just see the "new beginning" and "spreading your wings"?

I'm so blessed and thankful to have Him as my Friend, Guide, and Comforter as well as my Savior, Healer, Redeemer, and on and on...

p.s. I've often wondered why I have a little songbird in my house...she sings ALL the time, about everything! I'm beginning to understand that she may have inherited it. I guess it's not a bad "inheritance" to have. ha!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful song, and beautiful thoughts you have shared today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That song meant alot to me! I had planned to post about it on my blog. Still may!
    Thanks for sharing! I love and miss you more than words can say!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!