Friday, July 30, 2010

A 3 Ring Circus Birthday!

I had the CRAZY idea of throwing one, big, huge, birthday party for all three of my summer babies.  Whew...it was a 3-Ring Circus...definitely.  But, we had fun.  Give me a few years, and we might do it again.  lol  Since we always take the kids to the circus when it comes to town, and we commonly refer to our house as a 3-ring circus, I decided to go with a circus theme for their birthdays.  I looked online for a bunch of ideas and came up with some but not a lot.  So, maybe you can get an idea or two from our party to help you in planning your's.  :-)

Each of the kiddos had a cake of their own...
Each cake was a different flavor, iced in buttercream and accented with fondant animals, clowns, and balls.  I purchased the paper goods from Birthday Express.  They have wonderful paper goods!  The "poles" were straws that I purchased at Hobby Lobby in their party section as well as the cupcake wrappers.  

I served other circus-themed foods on the dessert table....popcorn, apple slices with caramel dip, and circus animal crackers.
Here's a picture of the whole table....

The felt "Happy Birthday" pennant and paper lanterns were purchased at Hobby Lobby.

The kids LOVED their party and that's what matters....even if Momma was crazy! ;-) 


p.s. Pardon my pictures....a little editing happy!  lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!!