Thursday, November 3, 2011

We Love our Pastor!

October is Pastor Appreciation Month.  Each year, our church honors our pastor and his wife with a reception after church one night.  This year, it was decorated with fall colors and decor.  I made a cake to add to the special celebration.  Three tiers of different flavors....iced in buttercream with a basketweave design and accented with buttercream icing leaves and candy corn pumpkins.  The pumpkin cake topper was NOT edible.  :-) 

A celebration in their honor is not enough to express our love and gratitude for them and their leadership.  They make a great team and together they have been faithful examples to our church of God's ways and plans.  We are so blessed!

3 comments:

  1. It was a beautiful cake! so appropriate for the theme of fall!

    PS. I hated to miss the Quilt show with y'all... Kim said you all had lots of fun! I am so glad y'all did. Did you get any material to make anything?? I know you are one of those "sew and sews" that I wish I could join someday in the craft of sewing!

    Hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a splendid job! Would love to have had a slice! :)

    The Jacksons are awesome people! Sure do miss them!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!