Started with the easiest part first..the SHIRT !!! However, it did take me the longest. ha!
1. Removed the crocheted flower.
2. Cut off the ruffle and the bias band, leaving them together.
4. Pinned the "button placket" onto the shirt and sewed it down on each side and across the bottom of the "placket".
5. Grabbed two buttons from my button collection and sewed those onto the "placket."
Now for the SKIRT!!!
1. The back of the jumper had elastic at the top of the bodice. This would be the back of my waistband. Using pinking shears, I cut the skirt off of the bodice. I measured how much that I would need to fold over and sew down. Measuring from the bodice/skirt seam, I cut it the same amount all the way around.
2. To form my waistband, I folded it over and stitched it down, making sure to stretch the elastic in the back as I sewed.


4. I found a crocheted flower in my stash and wanted to use it. I bought a whole bunch of them a long time ago at the Dollar Tree.
5. Removed one of bows from the jumper straps and sewed it onto the crocheted flower, then sewed them onto the bottom of the skirt.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE comments!!!