Saturday, October 16, 2010

Happy 25th Anniversary!

October 5, 2010 marked 25 years for my sister and brother-in-law. So thankful that God blessed Kaye and Joseph all these years and praying that He continues.
They were not really considering having a party but my mom, sister, and I felt that 25 years deserves a celebration! We, along with my niece, quickly planned a reception for them. Since we are scattered around Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma, we rented my church's gymnasium for the reception. I was so nice and convenient for me. haha! Thank you Mother and Dana for all your sacrifices and help. It turned out beautifully!!!!
While I worked on the cake Saturday morning, my sisters (Yes, Kaye had to help for her own party but that's how we roll. lol) went up to the gym to put out the decorations.
I did a very simple replica of their wedding cake. They had a HUGE, beautiful cake, complete with a fountain, that our dear "Aunt" Doris made. There was no way that we needed that much cake! (Probably can't see it but that's a snapshot on the table of the actual wedding cake). The table was decorated with my wedding bouquet since Kaye's is no longer around and my wedding was very similar colors. I added her cake topper to the side. Cakes were various flavors and fillings.
We served Chicken Salad Croissants, chips, vegetables, ranch dip, fruits, fruit dip, and a couple of other desserts. Mom brought her beautiful dishes over to use; my mother-in-law provided the table skirts and the beautiful silver punch bowl (too bad that I don't have a picture). As you can tell, it really was a combined effort of so many wonderful people who love Kaye and Joseph.
We were delighted that some of Joseph's family could come from California and his parents from Athens, Texas. There were local friends who joined and family also. Thank you all for helping us honor a special couple.
I love you Kaye and Joseph and pray that God will bless you with many more years of marriage and may He place a special anointing upon your ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!!