Monday, October 29, 2012

A Singing Trumpeter

Good news in the midst of it all...
Since my husband's surgery to remove a 1mm nodule from his vocal cord, his voice hasn't improved any. His doctor said that his vocal cord and the surrounding area all look great. However, he discovered that he is using the muscles in that area incorrectly when he is singing. He referred him to a vocal coach/therapist.
He had his first appointment with her this weekend. The good news is that he is normal! Well, his vocal problems are at least. Basically, he is using all his trumpet playing muscles and techniques to sing and it is causing him to lose his voice.
Now, let's hope that she can teach an old dog new tricks. He has been playing the trumpet since about 1986. He has ALWAYS preferred to play than sing but now, duty calls! :) I give God praise because through all of this, He has ordered our steps. The vocal coach/therapist is both a trombone player and a singer. God ALWAYS takes care of His children!

posted from Bloggeroid

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is good news.... I will be praying for God to strengthen R's voice for His Glory! And you are Correct, God ALWAYS takes care of His children.....

    He is ever Faithful, isn't He?

    PS. I thought Miss "Fancy Nancy" was adorable the other night!!!!

    Hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenna for the prayers and compliments!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!!